In the 65 years since he married Mother, Father has built a reputation for his sarcastic wit and politically incorrect gaffes.
Here are some of Prince Philip’s foot in mouth moments:
“Well, you’ll never fly in it, you’re too fat to be an astronaut”
– To a child, while visiting a space shuttle.
“Are you all one family?”
– To Britain’s Got Talent winners Diversity.
“You look like you’re ready for bed!”
– To the President of Nigeria, who was wearing national dress.
– Opinion of Beijing, China.
“How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?”
– To a Scottish Driving Instructor.
“You ARE a woman, aren’t you?”
– To a Kenyan woman.
“No, I’d probably end up spitting it out over everybody”
– Being offered seafood by Rick Stein.
“Do you work in a strip club?”
– To a female sea cadet.
“Ah, you’re the one who wrote the letter. So you can write then?”
– To a child, who invited the Queen to Romford, Essex.
“Do you still throw spears at each other?”
– At the Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland, Australia.
– Opinion of Stoke on Trent.
“Can you tell the difference between them?”
– To President Obama who’d met with leaders of the UK, China and Russia.
“So you’re responsible for the kind of crap Channel Four produces!”
– To the chairman of Channel 4.